Wednesday, October 31, 2007

streetlights... people...

so check this out... someone caught a glimpse of Banksy while he was working on his latest masterpiece... gotta say, it's pretty awesome.


In case you're not aware, Banksy is a British graffiti artist/super sneaky awesome guy. You've seen his stuff, the most famous (or at least the most prevalent) being those rats that are all over... which are pretty cool. Most of them are smaller that the one to the right... like a foot tall or something.
I'm pretty sure that the original rats were sort of anarchist/anti-government figures, and that perspective has remained pretty standard in his work, though most of the recent stuff is less aggressive... more pro-peace than anti-gov. He's very famous, and it's pretty impossible to get one of his originals now, they sell for crazy amounts... I guess some house with one of his murals on the side went on sale and they listed it as "a mural with a house attached." Hah.


Also, Banksy is, I guess, the guy who made the fake covers on the Paris Hilton CD, where she's naked. So, not only is he super stealth and completely created and talented, he's also hilarious. Let's give him a hand.

I don't know, if he doesn't want people to know who he is, leave him alone... but at the same time, it'd be cool to meet him. Plus, he could probably get arrested... even though a lot of his work is legal at this point, he's pulled some weird stuff... plus it must drive city officials crazy that his stuff keeps popping up everywhere, which is kind of awesome.

Here's a few more of his tags (I guess they're considered that)...
this one's on Melrose...




In general they're pretty clever and if they have a message it's usually a pretty good one... very anti-media induced stupidity and whatnot. Banksy. Awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm the sort of guy who enjoys to taste recent stuff. Currently I'm constructing my hold photovoltaic panels. I am making it all by myself without the assistance of my staff. I'm using the internet as the only way to acheive that. I encountered a very amazing website which explains how to create pv panels and so on. The place explains all the steps needed for solar panel construction.

I'm not exactly sure about how precise the data given there is. If some experts over here who have experience with these things can have a look and give your feedback in the site it would be great and I'd extremely value it, cause I extremely enjoy [URL=http://solar-panel-construction.com/diy-solar-panel-construction-is-it-really-possible]solar panel construction[/URL].

Tnx for reading this. You guys are the best.