Saturday, May 17, 2008

you could literally cruise the vistas in it

So... I read this somewhere else, but it ones to be one of the names I liked for MY (hypothetical) kids, so I feel like I should publicly agree... No more naming your kid Madison. It's like naming your kid Courtney in 1995. Basically, it was so original and cute like 6 years ago, when everyone in my age bracket was in their mid-teens, which is when girls decide on these names that they hang onto for years until they have children. But... now it's everywhere. I THINK it was the top girl's name last year. That's crazy. Like, above Sarah or Elizabeth. What happened to the classics? So, here's the thing. EVEN if you liked it before it was popular, it's now played out. Don't do it. I could go on but I think you get it. The name is over, and... Shiloh is the new Madison (Suri is a cuter name but no one wants to be like TomKat), so if you're 16, think of something else. I promise, you'll be happy you did.

No comments: