Sunday, September 21, 2008

Emmy Commentary!!!

I missed the beginning? So I am pretending this is part 2 of this post.

Hmmm... I wish the laugh-in revamp had gotten a better reception. Lily Tomlin is really a classic figure in comedy, and that show really was revolutionary... I don't remember it well enough to tell if the characters were making mistakes in this little skit, or if they're just kind of old now. I hope it's the latter.

John Stewart is so classy... they won best variety and he waited in the aisle for the entire crew to pass and gave each one a hug before they went up. The man is just great.

LC designed the Emmy models' dress? weird? Also, I now have to hate her, because she got to present with Angel. NO. FAIR. I LOVE ANGEL.

... OH GOD and she got to present to TINA FEY!! God this girl is so lucky it makes me just want to diiiiieeeeee (still love her though - and girl looks HOT, can't argue with that). Tina Fey also looks just gorgeous. LETS FIND PICTURES!



Her boobs looks freaking fantastic.



WORK the curves, Tina! Awesome. She looks awesome.

So there is some HARDCORE avoidance of political opinions on this show... I heard that it was essentially "banned" by NBC which... well, some see the constant flow of actor opinions as having been harmful to Obama in this campaign. And that could be true, I don't know - people are swayed by weird stuff, and pay no attention to some stuff they really should (like, say, facts). Regardless, however, I feel that if these people feel strongly enough, and manage to win an emmy, and have that 30 seconds on live television to get some message out to the world... well then they should be able to say whatever they damn well please. IF THE REPUBLICANS DONT WANT TO GET HATED ON BY ACTORS MAYBE THEY SHOULD BE MORE APPEALING AS A PARTY.

There's an emmy for "reality competition program". I just threw up a little.

Recount just won. HOW CAN THEY DENY THE POLITICALNESS OF THIS? Blah.

There really aren't a ton of people I like getting attention... I mean, the standards are Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, John Stewart and Stephen Colbert... who are dominating the screen, no doubt... but I want a tv drama star. So I guess that means Lost... jesus what have I been watching for the past year? OOOH! I want NPH to win. Did that award already happen? Was he nominated? How I Met Your Mother FTW!
... ok I looked it up. He WAS nominated but Piven got it. Ok. Acceptable. I would also have accepted: Rainn Wilson.

Don Rickles is great. GREAAAT. Kathy Griffith is shaking laughing.

I really, really love Neil Patrick Harris. And! he presented Don Rickles with his Emmy! that's great all around.

WHOA Cynthia Nixon looks skiiiinnnyyyyyyyy. But, her hair looks AWESOME.

Ok. I'm bored. Let's assume Lost and 30 Rock win, even though they won't. And now that that's taken care of, I'm off to get beer. WISH ME LUCK!

No comments: