Sunday, November 30, 2008

venting

So, let me say, this is mostly written so that I can bitch about stuff that's annoying, but I thought I should try to counter balance how bitter that could seem with the opposite... however, it's a lot harder to rant about things you like, so the negative section is bigger. Take it as you will.

eta: really, the only thing that makes me THAT mad is apparently ed hardy. Maybe I'll do another post where I discuss this more eloquently.

Things that I like a lot
(note: I in no way claim that these things are very original)

- yelling
- typing like you're yelling when something is important
- lolcats
- facebook
- rosebud salve
- mgmt, ezra furman, lykke li, eagles of death metal, ladytron, metric
- boots
- barack obama and the entire obama clan
- pickup trucks that are white
- jewelery that even I, the wearer, would have to classify as "slightly obnoxious"
- britney spears, her new album, her impending interview on mtv, her further impending tour... and really just everything about her. Love this bitch.
- lindsay's hair lately
- mixing metaphors
- guacamole
- the missbehave magazine blog
- mary kate maybe being pregnant
- the olsen's coffee table book
- everyone finally hating jessica simpson
- american apparel, fuck off, it's true
- pot

Things that I accept, albeit begrudgingly

- hilary is secretary of state
- coldplay is an ok band. Addendum: "Yellow" is still the worst song in the world.

Things that make me physically angry to think about

- anything and everything designed by christian audigier. If you wear Ed Hardy, you fucking lose. It's hideous, it was really cool in 2003 but now it's just fucking terrible. It's gone the way of trucker hats, just stop wearing it, you look like a douchebag. Tigers? Vines? Hearts with daggers in them? You're not poetic. If you want a shirt with animals on it, wear this one, I swear to GOD you look cooler than you do in Ed Hardy.

YOU ARE MORE LIKELY TO GET LAID IN THIS THAN IN ED HARDY.
I'm serious. Stop wearing it. It's heinous, not fashionable, and you look like an asshole. SO ANGRY.
- the above includes his daughter crystal
- mood (the club)... this is like, a microcosm of what's wrong with LA.
- yes on 8, WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM CALIFORNIA god dammit. Separate but equal IS NOT EQUAL. HAVE WE LEARNED NOTHING.
- jessica simpson, ashlee simpson, pete wentz, john mayer - the quadrangle of douchiness
- Kanye. SHUT. UP. And why did you stop rapping you're not a singer uuuunnnngh
- urban outfitters selling everything I bought at thrift stores for a dollar last year, but for like $80 and to every style impaired high school senior IN THE WORLD.
- Twilight. I don't get it and I don't care. Angel's hotter than this edward dude, the chick in this movie looks super stoned and needs to get some sun, girls are asking the actor to BITE THEM because kids are so crazy now... it's like buffy, but much, much lamer and with way more annoying fans.

No comments: