Thursday, January 8, 2009

you'll be calling but I wont' be at the phone



I don't think I've posted that before, it's seriously hilarious.

So there's some amazing music right now. Lykke Li is killing it - killing. it. I can't stop listening to her album Youth Novels, my favorite tracks are complaint dept. and little bit, and obviously I'm good I'm gone, her single, is amazing. Also rocking my life is Ezra Furman and the Harpoons, who I can't get enough of. Take Off My Sunglasses is what I want to listen to all the time. In fact, I will play it for you now, and then probably just loop through it for the rest of the day while I search in vain for a job that doesn't make me want to die.


Take Off Your Sunglasses - Ezra Furman And The Harpoons

on that note, who knows someone who has a job they like? that you don't need "connections" to get, necessarily, or need to be able to do an unpaid internship for in order to break in, because this chick needs some cash money in a big way. I had to debate myself for 15 minutes over a $23 pair of boots. The boots won, obviously (fashion always does) but this recession shit is getting on my nerves. Plus, recession or no, some bookstore or something really give me a job already, christ. (note to self: you must apply for these jobs before getting them).

Oh well. I still live across from a subway, and I watched the entire season of freaks and geeks over the past 4 days, so I really have little to complain about. It could always be worse. You could always be working in a sewer, or cleaning toilets, or trapped in a subway car with scarlett johanssen while she talks about how fucking cool she is, or (gulp) at a creed concert.

It's nice to reflect on the blessings life has given you.

Oh also Ladyhawke is awesome, too, as well.

Paris Is Burning - Ladyhawke

dig it.

1 comment:

freps said...

Just. get.a.job.

This millenial "I need meaningful work" thing is so...last week.


--your mother